Why Choose Paw Prints Pet Care as my pet sitter?
Paw Prints Pet Care is the best answer to all your pet sitting, dog walking, pet taxi, and pooper scooper needs. Whether you are a professional, who can’t always be available to take care of your pet, or you are going on vacation, or you’ve added a small member to your family, we are here to make life easier for you and your pets!
- Puppies often have to go out several times a day, and many people work outside their home and can’t take time off work to let their new pet out.
- People who own pets can be uncomfortable when it comes to taking a vacation. Do you ask for favors from your family, friends, and neighbors, or do you board your pets at a kennel? Asking favors is difficult and boarding is expensive, as well as stressful for your pet. With a pet sitter, your pets get to stay in the comfort of their own home, where they are familiar with the sights and smells. They will receive plenty of attention and will get lots of exercise. The other benefit is that your home will look “lived in”. We will bring in your mail, newspapers, rotate blinds, turn lights off and on and water your plants!
- Pet Sitters are a great contingency plan in case of an emergency or illness. Does your friend of family have a back up plan if they get sick?
Where in Illinois do you offer your services?
We care for pets in the following cities:
- Pingree Grove
- West Dundee/Sleepy Hollow
- Crystal Lake
- Lake in the Hills
- West side of Carpentersville
- West side of Elgin
- South Elgin
What are the benefits for my pet?
Reduced stress on your pets by remaining in a safe, secure and familiar environment.
- Your pet’s diet and exercise habits remain intact
- Your pet isn’t exposed to parasites or illness from other animals
- Your pet is not traumatized by a car ride and then left in an unfamiliar environment
- Full individualized attention is given to your pet
What are the benefits for me?
You do not have to impose on friends or neighbors
- No inconvenience of transporting your pet
- No guilty good byes at the kennel
- You are greeted upon your return by your happy pet
- Your home is more secure because your pet sitter is visiting your home while you’re away
- No extra day fees charged because of kennel hours closing on Sundays or Holidays.
How will the pet sitter gain access to my home?
Please have a key available for us when we arrive for your Meet and Greet and please let us test the key to ensure it works. It is our policy to keep your keys on file in a secure location for future visits. If you prefer to have your key returned, please understand that there will be a $10.00 pick up fee for future services.
Do I have to sign a contract?
Yes, we need a signed statement that you agree to let us into your home to care for your animals and that you agree to our policies and procedures.
When I’m out of town, how many times a day should a sitter visit my pets?
For dogs, three times a day is recommended. For a healthy cat or other rodents, one visit per day is sufficient.
What about insurance?
Paw Prints Pet Care is fully insured and bonded with Business Insurers of the Carolinas, through Pet Sitters International.
How will I be charged for services?
Payment for services is due at the time of consultation and prior to any visits. Existing clients are expected to leave full payment on the first day of the scheduled visit. Daily clients are billed weekly and payment is expected by the next day of service. We accept cash or check only.
What if I need to cancel service?
If you need to cancel a scheduled daily walk, we require a 24-hour notice to avoid being charged for the visit. For vacation clients, we require a 48-hour notice to avoid being charged the $50.00 cancellation fee. Many times we are forced to refuse clients due to unavailable time, so we greatly appreciate any advance notice prior to cancellation. Holiday vacation care requires a 4 day notice to avoid the 50% charge of your total invoice.
How will I know what happened with my pet?
Your pet sitter will leave a detailed note on any and all daily visits.
What can I expect from vacation care?
We will walk, visit and play with your pet
- Feed & water
- Accident clean up
- Maintenance of litter box
- Take in mail, newspaper, garbage cans and any deliveries
- Adjust the lights and blinds
- Lots of love and affection
Please note: All pets need to be current on their vaccinations in order for us to pet sit. Well socialized pets only please!